Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Wild Life spots near Chennai - Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary

Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary

This sanctuary is located 50 Km from Chittoor and 120 Km from Bangalore by road. It covers an area of 358-sq-kms. The area is covered by southern
tropical thorn type of forests, consisting of flora Albiziaamara, Ficusreligiosa, Ficustomentosa, Ficus Bengalensis and Bamboo.

The flora also consists of a species, which is a regeneration of 'santalum' album. The habitat of Kaundinya sanctuary is rugged with high hills and
deep valleys. The Kaigal and Kaundinya are two streams, which flow through the sanctuary.

Tourists can find a wide variety of animals like Cheetal, Four horned Antelope, Sambhar, Mouse Deer, Hare, Porcupine, Wild boar, Jungle Cat, Jackal,
Sloth Bear, Panther, Jungle Fowl, Peafowl's and Elephants.

Best Time To Visit: October To May

Route: 170km from chennai..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find what I need albert fish

Anonymous said...

Thanks for creating this site!

I am a water garden enthusiast as well. I enjoy surfing the Web and finding sites that are related to water gardening that I can tell my newsletter about. I will be sure and bookmark your site.

Please feel free to pay me a visit to find more information on water garden tub
and water gardens.

Thanks,
Thomas Holley
Water-Garden-Directory.com