Sunday, June 04, 2006

donkeys dont eat mangoes !!!


Its been a season of mangoes for me ,right from choice of summer project to 'solar dried mango bar ' business plan for livelihood program in my summer project and the quantities of ratnagiri alphonsos i devour every day in bombay.

Lets say the driving reasons to do my summers at byrraju foundation were : the unique rural transformation strategy of the foundation ,stay@home,happening highderabad and chance to eat some of the best mangoes.My last four summers were spent outside hyderabad and here was my chance to cover up .

One of my summer projects was a business plan on making mango bars in an energy-efficient way using forced circulation solar dryer technology.

Am back in bombay after my summer project ,but looks like the mango madness continues ,i just re-discovered the ratngiri alphonso ,considered the best variety among mangoes.

and yes i owe you guys some explanation on the title ;well, the story goes like this:
One of Mirza Ghalib’s friends Hakim Razi did not share mirza's fondness for the mango. One day Razi ud-Din was sitting in the verandah of mirza’s house when razi passed by in the lane driving a donkey. There were some mango skins lying in the road, but the donkey just sniffed at them and passed on. “u see” said Razi “even donkeys dont eat mangoes”. “Of course” replied Ghalib “donkeys dont eat them!”


1 comment:

SRK said...

I'd sure like some of those Alphonso Mangoes... I'd bray for one ;))