Friday, June 02, 2006

Trendz 2010

Our prof for enterprise system arch, shared some of the findings from Gartner's business trends 2010


By 2010 the number of IT staff in the profession will drop by 15 percent

IT pros need expertise in multiple domains

Versataiity, cultural issues, regulatory env are some of the issues IS pros will grapple with

6/10 people affiliated with the IS organisation will assume business-facing roles.

IS professionals and leaders will have to choose between careers as technologists, technical managers and business professionals.

Choice of three potential routes before IS leaders / CIOs

Business Change Agent

IT Services Broker

IT Utility


Four domains for IT Pros

  1. Tech
  2. Info
  3. Process
  4. Relationship


The future IT landscape comprises of

    • Consumer IT
    • Biz Process Reconfig
    • Automation
    • Global Sourcing



Site Meter

2 comments:

IT Guy said...

Hi Nomad saw ur pics really njoyable. Just wntd u to know abt myself I m working in Dubai as IT professional in service helpdesk in a big company. Now I wanna join MBA in SP Jain in Dubai so what are the options 4 me and where it wud take me in my career means what wud be career options after doin MBA and if you can guide me with some links which wud help cement my decision of doing MBA from SP Jain. Thanks

Touchstone said...

Hi Nomad, this is Atul Mandawe, management student from NITIE, Mumbai. Really awesome pics..i must say you are excellent photographer! What are you doing nowadays?